Monday, November 5, 2007

Granada

I just spent a long weekend (puente) in Granada with Sydney and Lindsey. It was great to see them both, to speak English, and to be in a city!! I didn't realize how much I missed everyone until I saw them. I had to take three buses to get from Coria to Granada, about 10 hours of traveling. But, really, what else do I have to do with my time? The weather was beautiful, but the nights were incredibly cold. I was reminded a little of Washington... Except for the sunburn in November. We didn't get into the Alhambra because we didn't buy tickets in advance (note to self). Seems like I'll just have to go back. We spent a long time wandering the city, the Albaicin, and the cuevas de Sacremonte, the parque de García Lorca. We ate tons of amazing food. I hadn't realized how much I missed this either. Chinese, Japanese (sushi!), Indian, Middle Eastern. And, of course, delicious tapas. Seeing all these American students together reminded me of studying in Segovia. Returning to my life in Coria feels strange, and my Spanish is suffering a bit after the weekend..