Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ayyyy, Cochecito

My car now sits in front of my house.  I received a call from the SPD during work, telling me that my car was found about five blocks from my house.  Weird, because it wasn't parked here when it was stolen and... wtf?  Why not joy ride it at least a little further away?  At least out of north Seattle or something.  Nothing was stolen (thank goodness the scuffed cds and old blanket were still there!).  The plastic around the steering column is gone, leaving wires and such indecently exposed.  The ignition doesn't work with the key, but after a little investigation, I figured out how to start it and why it's so easy to steal Civics.  Come on, Honda!  So I drove it home, and I hope it doesn't get stolen again--like a silver, Japanese sitting duck.

It's all strange.  There was barely any gas gone, nothing taken, not even the low quality cd player (that's probably why).  Now I get to deal with the insurance company and getting it fixed. 

My favorite part: the radio was tuned to Kube 93.3.  This makes me believe that it was several high school boys.

No comments: