Monday, July 27, 2009

Awesome Summer

Turns out that every time recently that I've tried to sit down and study for the GRE I end up writing instead. It's along the same lines, right? And I enjoy it so much more. So here I am. Blogging instead of studying. The test is tomorrow (tomorrow!) and I don't know what to think. Latent panic, perhaps. I just don't care anymore (lies!) and I can't wait to be totally done with it. Over it. Not to have it hanging over my head, a constant internal battle of: I could study or I could go have fun in the sun. I just want to do well enough that I don't think I should take it again. I've just given up for today--it's too damn hot, I can't think, I want to be near the water or doing something fun or reading or biking or doing anything besides studying for some asinine standardized test that thinks it can rate my intelligence and ability to employ logic and reason. And, yes, I treat the test as a sentient because it claims that it adapts to how well I will answer each question and adjust the following ones accordingly. Bastard.

But whatever. It's all okay because it's turning into Awesome Summer! Awesome Summer is characterized by hot weather, constant activity, good friends, epic adventures, sunglasses, little-to-no responsibility, black berries, mild sunburn, water. I love these sweltering days and sweltering nights where it's light until forever and everyone's outside. Where it's approximating sin to be inside. I love it and I'd forgotten how much I love it.

Fairs, festivals, concerts, joy!

Soon I can enjoy this guilt-free. I will joyfully toss this albatross aside and dive headlong into Awesome Summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck tomorrow