Thursday, January 24, 2008

My life in Coria

Well. Here's an update about my life in general. Seems like someone out there ought to be interested? I've been finding Coria extremely boring after getting back from my awesome trip to Italy and beyond. Somehow, the job has gotten worse, and I dread it. I have also been informed that my day off, Monday, is my "day off" (entre comillas), and that I must sit around in the sala de profesores, waiting to talk to each one about what we'll be doing during the week. Which means I spend the whole school day there. That is, if they don't forget I'm going to class with them and leave without me, or if they don't cancel on me. Bullshit! On a better note, Jenny and I started going to yoga classes, so maybe that will counteract the time I spend on Monday, waiting to be forgotten. Last weekend, Jenny and I met Sydney, Bronwen, and Rick, Bronwen's dad, in Salamanca. I love that city! It has such wonderful atmosphere... because it is a university town, so there are actually young people! This weekend, we're going to Cáceres, and the next to Sevilla and Badajoz for Carnaval! I can't wait. This is how I get through the crappy job during the week. And the weather is strange. It rained for two weeks after the vacation. Then it was very cold. Now it is warm: around 60 degrees in the afternoon, and sunny. In comparison with the weather at home.. wow. This is April weather (if we're lucky! probably May). Lending to the surrealism. Y ya está.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

some people are interested