Wednesday, January 30, 2008

¿Cómo se dice Goldilocks en español?

So.. more about my wonderful life in Coria. I decided that because I am 23 years old, I should be able to talked to Ángela about the whole Monday thing. Lots of mental prepping, indignation, pep talks from Jenny. Well, I finally get up the nerve to do it after I went to the school at 8:10 for class Ángela. Turns out she had messed up AGAIN and I had wait an hour until the next class. Entirely her fault. This is the second week in a row that this has happened, additionally. So I went for a walk to calm my fury. After class I told her my feelings about the whole situation. She proceeds to lecture, talk over me, and repeat herself for the next half hour. So nothing is solved! I don't know if I have ever met anyone with a stronger personality; she scares the shit out of me and she doesn't listen, to me or to reason. Ah well, at least I tried (in Spanish, too)! Last weekend I went to Cáceres, the capital of the province. It's only an hour away by bus. And I love it! It has a beautiful parte antigua, tons of free museums, and more interesting nightlife than Coria. We found a bar that could have been in the US. When we entered they were playing Pearl Jam, followed by Metallica, Rage Against the Machine (major plus!), Nirvana, Elvis, the Beach Boys. It was excellent. We also went to Trujillo, a pueblo nearby with a plaza mayor preciosa. There are storks everywhere in these two cities. I don't think I'd ever seen a stork before coming here, but they are huge birds that make huge nests on top of cathedrals, telephone poles, really anywhere that they can manage. It's amazing. All in all, a good weekend. Back to this shitty job, then a four day weekend. I'm going to Sevilla, and then to Badajoz for Caranaval! Oh, this is funny. The other day, a baby almost threw up on me. I don't think that's ever happened to me before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!