Monday, December 3, 2007

Plasencia

First, I can't believe it's snowing in Olympia (and elsewhere?)! I guess it's like last year, and it's December (which I can't believe either) but it's so different than the weather here and it's hard to imagine anything else than what I see. There is no second.

We moved into the new apartment, which is a marked improvement. The warmth makes such a difference and it's amazing to be able to use the oven, stove, and another appliance (or lights?) at the same time while being warm. Our old landlord didn't seem to care at all that we were leaving and said, "Ah, sí, hace frío aquí" when he came to collect for utilities. Of course it's cold!

We went to Plasencia this Saturday. It's a beautiful walled city near Coria. There's a huge park with bird exhibits and lots of different trees. Strange to see a pine next to a cactus.. But the most "nature" I've seen in a long time! It was absolutely freezing there because it's at a higher elevation, so it gave us a taste of what we're in for in Segovia, Madrid, Toledo and Cuenca in a few days. I can't wait!

No comments: